Making a reading habit

I have not read a lot of books in the past years and always used to wish that one day I should set a goal and read a certain number of books in a certain amount of time. I got used to reading articles and blogs as I got busier and busier but I did feel I find books more thorough and well-researched that an article here and there on websites and blogs that want to gain followers and go viral.
I have been impressed by challenges like 100 books a year, 52 books for 52 weeks, and various other lists I found on Pinterest.
Last year (or was it the year before that?) I got a kindle and started reading some books at a slow pace. I did have better and quicker access to books I wanted to read, it is a clutter free method, and I also felt like I could invest in this if it was so important to me.
This year i set a random goal to read 9 books. I was to have a baby this year and I knew it would be a huge task to read even 9 books.
I have read 2 (forty rules of love, siblings without rivalry), 4 are in progress (the happiness project, the read-aloud family, raising boys, calmer easier happier parenting) and I just  bought 2 more: Positive parenting in the Muslim home and Mothering our boys. Next on my list are Present over perfect and how to talk so little kids will
listen, the five languages of love for children.
I'm really looking forward to building up this habit and add on a lot more to my plate next year.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princesstårta

Grateful for: Smartphone

Libero toddler bag