2020 Review: Weight loss, job search, parenting

 I started weight loss journey at the end of May and buddied up with frind to start logging on MFP. We also started working out. Results started to stall in the first month. In also had covid in June and had a hard time recovering in 2-3 weeks. Started experimenting with low carb in July and it converted to Ketogenic soon. In the first 3 months I lost 12 kilos. In the next 4, I lost 6 more. Making the grand total for 2020 at 18 kilos. I got down from 82.6 to 64. This involved very little exercise and I did get off track by having guests over. School drop off and pick up was a good physical activity.

Job search was not as rewarding as weight loss. I had one AT interview and only managed to get 2 vikariat interviews. COVID ensured that people had an excuse to turn down any contact because of budget cuts etc. On 31st December, I finally received an offer for GP setting. It wasn't my first choice but there is some hope that it might lead to better AT chances in the same area, so I am ready to hold on to any straw of hope I can find. I need to start working to have some confidence back.

Parenting wise this year has been better than many others. I am learning constantly. Nothing is perfect but at least I am willing to apply new principles to my day to day. Becoming healthy myself did lead to betterment in temper, energy levels and stamina. Looking forward to expanding this further in the next year and focusing on re-aligning some habits regards to eating etc that we have picked up along the way and become better. My oldest started school and Quran this year and it has been an amazing experience. I would love to improve myself as an example in this year as he turns 7 and starts learning salah. I challenged myself to read more and start him on reading in the last months of this year, basically amplifying all the good habits we have tried to build from the very start. I am so grateful I could have 3 kids at 31 and now with the weight loss and all I can start getting my life back and build routines, be more present etc etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Princesstårta

Grateful for: Smartphone

Libero toddler bag